Skip to main content

Where to Watch Korean Dramas?

Where to Watch Korean Dramas for free

A new version of this blog post has been published on my new blog. Check it here.

If you read my blog page about Korean dramas, you'll know that I mainly watch Kdrama series at VIU (it's free, or you can subscribe for premium membership if you want additional perks).

I was actually surprised to find out recently that their premium is now available for all networks (Globe, TM, Smart, Sun). That's why I'm making this post.

I used the VIU mobile app since mid of last year and has been a premium member since December of 2017.

5 Good Reasons Why I Like Watching Kdramas at viu

[1] Optimized layout for easy viewing

Take a look at the website layout. It is very user-friendly, allows you to select the episode easily, and is not cluttered with ads. Same goes for the layout of their mobile app.

I'm just a mobile data prepaid user, and as with my experience in streaming, it rarely stop and buff. Great viewing experience (but of course your internet speed is a big factor on streaming).

5 Good Reasons Why I Like Watching Kdramas at viu - The K2

[2] Less Ads

Most streaming websites have an insanely huge number of ads placed all over the website. They're so cluttered, and every time you click and scroll, there will always be ads popping up! I've always hate that about streaming websites.

But with viu website, the ads are part of the website's layout, so it doesn't annoy us like most ads do. There are ads during the course of the video if you are a free viewer, but if you ask me, it's fine, you can just wait for it to end or click Skip Ad when enabled.

[3] Let's you download and watch offline

For free viewers, you can download 1 episode and watch offline. You need to delete it in order to download another one for offline viewing.

For premium viewers, you can download unlimited episodes (or until your mobile phone storage goes full) and watch them offline. This is what I enjoy about using viu the most! (Oh, you can watch Korean movies and other Asian series if you are a premium member, too.)

Note: The downloaded episodes are temporarily stored in your phone and cannot be copied or transferred. It is only view-able through the viu mobile app and expires after 7 days. Each episode ranges from 200 to 400 MB when downloaded.

viu mobile app - download and view offline - The K2 Kdrama series

[4] Affordable rate for premium membership

Well, we only need to load up P30 pesos per month to be a premium member. To register to viu monthly membership, just text VIU ON 30 and send it to 2948 (for all networks)!

Update: Starting May 1, 2018, the new VIU Premium membership will cost P99 pesos per month. You can now register via texting: VIU ON 99 and send to 2948 (for Globe and TM only). You may be wondering what about Smart, and I do, too. Let's see when they reply on our comments on their Facebook page.

The registration is a bit tricky sometimes, though. But if you need help, just pop me a comment below, or message me on my Facebook page.

[5] Good preview clips on Facebook

Viu Facebook Page never failed to show me preview clips of potential Kdramas to watch! They regularly post short clips of Kdrama series. I love it how videos automatically appear on my news feed when I'm about to finish a series, or when I'm actually thinking about what drama to watch next. Cool, right?

For me, it lets me get the feels and vibes of a certain Kdrama - if I liked the clip, I'll definitely bookmark it on the mobile app for my next viewing (like how they made me watch School 2017, for example)!

[6] Legit way of streaming Kdramas

Yep, I get it. There are some websites where you can download the episodes for free. I used to rely on these sites offering pirated copies before, too. However, the viewing/airing/streaming rights were not rightfully paid. It's sad when you think about it. But Viu bought airing/streaming rights, the same as GMA 7 and ABS-CBN 2 channels when they air Koreanobelas in TV.

Aside from that, some download websites have lots of annoying ads (don't forget about potential malwares). So I believe it is more safe to stream with Viu.



So, if you like the 6 reasons I mentioned above, why don't you try to go to viu.com or download the mobile app and see for yourself? Happy viewing and gomawoyo for dropping by! Keep on spreading ♥ for Korean dramas!

Disclaimer: Viu did not pay me for this blog post. I'm just happy to recommend them as of the moment. Satisfied customer here. \(^_^)/

Image Sources: Viu

Comments

  1. Hi. Would like to ask if pwede po ba yung Viu 99 ng globe or tm sa prepaid? or dapat po naka postpaid? thanks much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Sorry, I didn't notice na merong comment pala dito.
      Yes po, pang-prepaid po ang Viu 99 promo for Globe and TM :)

      Delete
  2. Hi. Paano na po magregister sa smart? Alam niyo na po ba Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hii, nag txt na ako ng VIU ON 99 then VIU BUY 99, tpos ng reply ng Pin, tapos kailan ma expire pero blank nman, san pano ko ma redeem walang code na binigay? pls help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sa akin din walang code na sinend. Help nmaaaan

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii (Manga)

Meeting Hirotaka and Narumi In a fortunate day of Feb 26, 2018, I crossed paths with these two Otakus — Hirotaka Nifuji and Narumi Momose — at Lit Manga and Anime page. I immediately fell in love with them! So before I become carried away again, let me tell you more about the manga itself, first. Love is Hard for Otaku We can mention the manga in a few different ways: Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku ヲタクに恋は難しい (Japanese) (Otaku) Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzikashii As for me, I will be using Wotakoi for easy typing, Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii for Japanese, and Love is Hard for Otaku for English. What about Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Manga This is a Japanese webmanga is written and illustrated by Fujita .  Genre: Comedy, Romance April 17, 2014 - manga was first posted at Pixiv Nov 6, 2015 - serialization in Comic Pool (a joint web manga publication project by Ichijinsha and Pixiv) April 30, 2015 - Ichijinsha published the manga in print There are already 5 volu

Age Matters | A Webtoon by Enjelicious

This article was moved here: Age Matters | A Webtoon by Enjelicious